My Blog List

Monday, October 12, 2015

Most Expensive Coffee in the World

Hi guys, it’s Otto here. Today, after I finished my classes I took some time to chill at one of the coffee shop in Macquarie Centre. I ordered coffee and sat there for a while. When I was sipping the coffee, again, I thought about my hometown. Indonesia is the second biggest coffee exporter in the world and is famous for the Kopi Luwak (civet coffee).

Kopi Luwak is basically partly-digested coffee cherries and defecated by Asian palm civet. Some people say that this coffee is really rich in flavor but me, myself never tried it before, considering it is feces anyway. Even though it is produced in some crazy method, it is in fact the most expensive coffee ever sold in the world!! Maybe because it is believed to cure diseases such as prevent diabetes and gallstone disease and also protect your skin. One kilo of this civet coffee can be as high as US$1100. However, some people are against the production of the coffee. They argue that the raising of civets are really horrible in order to produce this coffee.

That’s all I am going to share today. If you guys visit Indonesia, don’t forget to drink this coffee. You guys wont regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment