My Blog List

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Nasi Tumpeng

Hi guys, it’s Otto *again*. Today I am going to share about special food on wedding ceremony. I get the thought of posting this here because my cousin has just deliver his first child and my thought was on the marriage. Personally, I think marriage is a beautiful thing and not to mention the ceremony. In Indonesian culture, the ceremony is mostly accompanied by Tumpeng.

Tumpeng is the way of presentation of rice and side dishes in the form of a cone, as it is also called Nasi Tumpeng. The rice usually used in Tumpeng is yellow rice, although it is also often to use white rice or nasi uduk. Not only for marriage, Tumpeng can also be found in some important occasion, like the birth of a child or *sorry* circumcision of a child. The philosophy of Tumpeng is really connected to that of geographical area of Indonesia. Tumpeng is an important part of any special occasion in Indonesian culture as it symbolize gratitude to the God for abundant harvest and other blessings.



As for the food side of Tumpeng, nothing specific is to be the side dishes of this Tumpeng, however the most common side dishes for Tumpeng would be chicken floss, fried soybeans, omelet / fried egg, cucumber, and celery. For me personally I don’t really like eating Tumpeng. Not because it is not delicious, but there are still many of Indonesian food which are more delicious, including what I have posted before :9. That’s all that I want to share today, hope everyone enjoy it J


No comments:

Post a Comment